Snag a Copy of Aaron's Free eBook!

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Mimi, Promotion and Homeschooling - Updates!

Thought I should give a quick update (Thanks, Ashley for the motivation)!

1) My mom moved to the Charlotte area a month ago, so Abel & Belle have been getting to spend lots of time with their Mimi- which they LOVE!

2) Aaron was recently promoted with his company, LifeWay, as a Market Manager. He will continue to manage his current store but will also oversee 5 additional stores in the market area. Promotion without Relocation is AWESOME! We have lived in 4 different cities and 2 states since we got married 8 years ago. We have lived here the longest (4 years), so we are thrilled to be given an opportunity for advancement without uprooting our lives. We love our church and our life here. We feel very settled for now.

3) Abel & Belle continue to grow up each day. I am going to start some Preschool Homeschool curriculum with them this fall. Nothing too big because I strongly believe that children this age learn best thru play. But, sometimes free play all day equals chaos, so I want to give them a little bit of structure. Maybe just 20ish minutes a morning. I bought some fun Disney workbooks from the Dollar Tree that focus on the alphabet, numbers, colors and shapes.I'm planning to go "School Supply" shopping this weekend when everything school related is tax free. I will get them some new crayons, supply box, washable markers, construction paper and other "preschoolish" stuff. We are excited :)

Below is a picture of our family at Chick-Fil-A's Annual Cow Appreciation Day! And also, here is a link to Aaron's blog about our experience that day and the Kingdom of God!

4 comments:

happymomof4 said...

Thanks for the update:) Beautiful family!!! Congrats on the promotion, that's awesome!! My three year old isn't going to school this year because the school I'm sending her to she has to be potty trained and she just isn't ready. So I plan on doing some things at home this school too. It's so hard because she wants to go to school like her older bubby and sissy. I think I will buy her some new things while school shopping for the others- good idea!! Unfortunately our state doesn't off free tax days :(

Diane said...

Congrats on the promotion! You all are a bunch of cute "cows" too!

Ashley said...

Glad you updated! Congrats to Aaron on his promotion!
I think I'll start doing some "preschool" with Kaylee in the fall, too. We could definitely use some structure in our days.

Chelle said...

Glad to hear things are going so well!
I really need to update too - my sweet baby is here- and I don't think I've updated since our BFP!
Thanks for the update!