Snag a Copy of Aaron's Free eBook!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2010 in Review

2010 may very well have been the most eventful year of our marriage (or our lives) thus far! Here is what God did over the past year in the Wilson home...

1) Got a call on January 14th from the NEDC to schedule our mock transfer for March 29th.

2) Started taking meds and had the mock transfer in March.

4) In June, we looked through embryo profiles and chose the ones we wanted to adopt.

3) Found out that Aaron was being transferred to Gastonia, NC on July 19th.

4) Had our 1st embryo transfer on July 20th. Received a negative beta on July 29th.

5) In August, Aaron took on his new store in Gastonia and we looked through more embryo profiles and chose new embryos to adopt. He stayed in an extended stay while looking for housing and I stayed in Columbia with his family.

6) Bought our first house in September.

7) Had our 2nd embryo transfer on September 19th. Got 2 positive HPTs at 10 and 11 days past transfer. Very weak beta on 12 days past transfer. Entirely negative 2nd beta.

8) In October, we chose more embryos to adopt.

9) Had our entire house painted in November.

10) Had our 3rd and final embryo transfer on November 16th. Took my first HPT after my beta was drawn on November 29th. HPT was positive and the beta result was 1123! 2nd beta on December 1st was over 3000!

11) Had our 1st ultrasound at 6w0d on December 9th - saw TWO fetal poles and yolk sacs, but no heartbeats yet.

12) Had our 2nd ultrasound at 6w5d on December 14th and saw TWO heartbeats!

13) Had our 3rd ultrasound at 9w0d on December 30th and saw TWO growing babies with beautiful heartbeats!

Aaron and I have experienced more grief and joy combined this year than I can even begin to explain. Through the loss of our 8 children, we learned to trust His goodness and sovereignty while we just didn't understand... And like I previously posted here, this song rings more true now than ever...truly "behind a frowning providence, He hides a smiling face!" And I know that we are by no means "out of the woods" yet with this pregnancy, but we're praying and hoping that 2011 will bring the birth of TWO healthy babies!

6 comments:

Britney said...

Amen, sister!

Room for More said...

I am praying this for you too!

Ashley said...

What a stressful, yet exciting year! Praying this year is even more exciting!!

Diane said...

It always amazes me how obvious God's hand is upon the big picture of our lives when we take the time to zoom out and look for Him. I think we far too often get so focused on the details that we forget that God has something bigger going on in our lives. Thank you so much for this reminder!

embieadoptmom said...

You have been SO FAITHFUL! GOD IS GOOD~!

twondra said...

Amazing girl! I'm sooooo excited for you!

Definitely praying this is the year for your 2 beautiful babies.

I just wrote a post a little awhile ago and if you get a chance, I'd loooooove your opinion. We're choosing between 11 profiles and I just don't know how in the world people can choose between children? I'm having a hard time. I know you've chosen sets so I would love your opinion. Thanks sweetie!!!